Name: Wen-Ting Liao
Birth Date: 18/11/1978; Sex: Female; Nationality: China; Marriage: Married, one child.
Department of Pathology, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China; Key Laboratory of Molecular Tumor Pathology of Guangdong Province.
2008-2010 Postdoctor in Key Laboratory of Molecular Tumor Pathology of Guangdong Province, Department of Pathology, Southern Medical University, China.
2005- 2008 Ph.D. Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences, Oncology, P.R. China
Ph.D. thesis: The Polycomb Group Protein Bmi-1 Induces Epithelial to Mesenchymal Transition and Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma Metastasis by Directly Targeting the Tumor Suppressor gene PTEN
2002- 2005 M.S. Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences, Oncology, P.R. China
M.S. thesis: Experimental Study on the Establishment of Three-Dimensional Culture Models Related to Different Stages of Nasopharyngeal Tumorigenesis and the Clinical Significance of twist expression in Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma
1997- 2002 B.S. HengYang Medical School, Medicine, Guangzhou, P.R. China
Honors and Awards:
2007 Sun Yat-sen University Outstanding Graduate Student Scholarship
2008 Ministry of Public Health, First scholarship of Japanese drugs manufacture
1. Yu C, Zhang Z, Liao W（co-First author）, Zhao X, Liu L, Wu Y, Liu Z, Li Y, Zhong Y, Chen K, Li J, Zhou F, Song L. The tumor-suppressor gene Nkx2.8 suppresses bladder cancer proliferation through upregulation of FOXO3a and inhibition of the MEK/ERK signaling pathway. Carcinogenesis. 2012 Mar;33(3):678-86.
2. Liao WT, Guo L, Zhong Y, Wu YH, Li J, Song LB. Astrocyte elevated gene-1 (AEG-1) is a marker for aggressive salivary gland carcinoma. J Transl Med. 2011 Dec 1;9(1):205.
3. Liao WT, Feng Y, Li ML, Liu GL, Li MZ, Zeng MS, Song LB. Overexpression of centromere protein H is significantly associated with breast cancer progression and overall patient survival. Chin J Cancer. Sep;30(9):627-37.
4．Liao WT, Jiang D, Yuan J, Cui YM, Shi XW, Chen CM, Bian XW, Deng YJ, Ding YQ.*. HOXB7 as a Prognostic Factor and Mediator of Colorectal Cancer Progression. Clin Cancer Res. 2011 Jun 1;17(11):3569-78. Epub 2011 Apr 7.
5. Song LB, Li J, Liao WT (Co-first), Feng Y, Yu CP, Hu LJ, Kong QL, Xu LH, Zhang X, Liu WL, Li MZ, Zhang L, Kang TB, Fu LW, Huang WL, Xia YF, Tsao SW, Li M, Band V, Band H, Shi QH, Zeng YX, Zeng MS. The polycomb group protein Bmi-1 represses the tumor suppressor PTEN and induces epithelial-mesenchymal transition in human nasopharyngeal epithelial cells. J Clin Invest. 2009 Nov 2. [Epub ahead of print]
6. Liao WT, Yu CP, Wu DH, Zhang L, Xu LH, Weng GX, Zeng MS, Song LB, Li JS. Upregulation of CENP-H in tongue cancer correlates with poor prognosis and progression. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2009 Jun 5;28:74.
7. Liao WT, Wang X, Xu LH, Kong QL, Yu CP, Li MZ, Shi L, Zeng MS, Song LB. Centromere protein H is a novel prognostic marker for human nonsmall cell lung cancer progression and overall patient survival. Cancer. 2009 Apr 1;115(7):1507-17.
8. Liao WT, Song LB, Zhang HZ, Zhang X, Zhang L, Liu WL, Feng Y, Guo BH, Mai HQ, Cao SM, Li MZ, Qin HD, Zeng YX, Zeng MS. Centromere protein H is a novel prognostic marker for nasopharyngeal carcinoma progression and overall patient survival. Clin Cancer Res. 2007 Jan 15;13(2 Pt 1):508-14.
9. Song LB, Liao WT (Co-first), Mai HQ, Zhang HZ, Zhang L, Li MZ, Hou JH, Fu LW, Huang WL, Zeng YX, Zeng MS. The clinical significance of twist expression in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Cancer Lett. 2006 Oct 28;242(2):258-65. Epub 2006 Jan 18.
10. Liao WT, Wang HM, Li MZ, Song LB, Zhang L, Mai HQ, Xia YF, Zheng ML, Fu LW, Zeng YX, Zeng MS. Establishment of three-dimensional culture models related to different stages of nasopharyngeal carcinogenesis. Ai Zheng. 2005 Nov;24(11):1317-21. Chinese.
11. Song LB, Zeng MS, Liao WT, Zhang L, Mo HY, Liu WL, Shao JY, Wu QL, Li MZ, Xia YF, Fu LW, Huang WL, Dimri GP, Band V, Zeng YX. Bmi-1 is a novel molecular marker of nasopharyngeal carcinoma progression and immortalizes primary human nasopharyngeal epithelial cells. Cancer Res. 2006 Jun 15;66(12):6225-32.
12. Li J, Zhang N, Song LB, Liao WT, Jiang LL, Gong LY, Wu J, Yuan J, Zhang HZ, Zeng MS, Li M. Astrocyte elevated gene-1 is a novel prognostic marker for breast cancer progression and overall patient survival. Clin Cancer Res. 2008 Jun 1;14(11):3319-26.
13. Liu JH, Song LB, Zhang X, Guo BH, Feng Y, Li XX, Liao WT, Zeng MS, Huang KH. Bmi-1 expression predicts prognosis for patients with gastric carcinoma. J Surg Oncol. 2008 Mar 1;97(3):267-72.
14. Feng Y, Song LB, Guo BH, Liao WT, Li MZ, Liu WL, Zeng MS, Zhang L. xpression and significance of Bmi-1 in breast cancer. Ai Zheng. 2007 Feb;26(2):154-7. Chinese.
15. Song LB, Zhang X, Zhang CQ, Zhang Y, Pan ZZ, Liao WT, Li MZ, Zeng MS. Infection of Epstein-Barr virus in colorectal cancer in Chinese. Ai Zheng. 2006 Nov;25(11):1356-60.
16. Jiang JH, Wang N, Li A, Liao WT, Pan ZG, Mai SJ, Li DJ, Zeng MS, Wen JM, Zeng YX. Hypoxia can contribute to the induction of the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) lytic cycle. J Clin Virol. 2006 Oct;37(2):98-103. Epub 2006 Aug 22.
17. Song LB, Zen MS, Zhang L, Li MZ, Liao WT, Zheng ML, Wang HM, Zeng YX. Effect of EBV encoded BARF1 gene on malignant transformation of human epithelial cell line HBE. Ai Zheng. 2004 Nov; 23(11 Suppl):1361-4. Chinese.
1. P.I. The molecular mechanism of miR-450b-5p in inducing EMT, promoting invation and metastasis of colorectal cancer. Granted by National Natural Science Foundation of China (2012.1-2015.12)
2. P.I. The molecular role and mechanism of homeobox gene HOXB7 in metastasis of colorectal cancer. Granted by National Natural Science Foundation of China (2010.1-2012.12)
1. Molecular biology techniques: Gene manipulation, cloning, expression and analyses, PCR, RT-PCR, RNA fingerprinting map, Western Blot, In Situ Hybridization, FISH, Chromatin immunoprecipitation assay, Telomerase activity and telomere length assay. Immunoprecipitation, Immunohistochemical and Immunofluorescent staining.
2. Cell biology: primary culture, normal and tumor cell culture, immortalized cells establishment and culture, retrovirus preparation and cell infection, making stable expression cell line, transient transfection, soft agar assay, proliferation assays, migration assay, 3-Dimential culture in matrigel, stem cell sphere culture.
3. Experiment of tumorigenicity and metastasis in nude mice.
2011-present Associate professor, Molecular Tumor Pathology, Key Laboratory of Molecular Tumor Pathology of Guangdong Province, Southern Medical University, China.
2008-2010 Postdoctor, Molecular Tumor Pathology, Key Laboratory of Molecular Tumor Pathology of Guangdong Province, Southern Medical University, China.
Sep 2006-Mar 2007 Research assistantship, Cancer cell biology, The University of Hong Kong, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, Hong Kong, P.R. China.